Man saves 8 people from fire while his wife, son and mother-in-law die in flames

| November 26th, 2011

From Netease:

November 24, 2011 morning, fire broke out in a residential area, 134 Shitou Street in West Lake District, Nanchang City. During this fire an ordinary citizen touched many people’s heart: he rescued 8 lives from the fire bravely and selflessly, it was not until afterwards he found his own family was still trapped in flames. In the end fire mercilessly swallowed up his wife, son and mother-in-law, but his touching story passes on in the neighborhood.

Read more…

Operating room on fire, doctors and nurses escape except a patient under anesthesia

| August 29th, 2011

From Sina:

A hospital in Shanghai was caught on fire, doctors and nurses all left the building, safe and sound, but a patient undergoing an amputation surgery was left on the operation table and died of asphyxiation.

Spokesman of the hospital later confirmed the news. When the fire happened, doctors are performing an amputation operation. The patient, around 49 year-old, was sent hospital after a car accident. The operation began around 8 pm and was about to be finished when the […]Read more…

Shanghai high-rise fire

| November 15th, 2010

(Edited by Key)

Fire broke out at a 28 story apartment building in Shanghai at 2:00 in the afternoon, Nov15 (local time) causing at least 49 deaths. The building was located at Jing An district and was under renovation. According to Xinhua’s report, over 100 were rescued out of the building of 156 households so far.

Well-known Chinese youth opinion leader Han Han happened to be at the scene and he had recorded what happened the whole time.

Read more…