Chinese Basketball Association website hacked by “Japanese”

| November 8th, 2012

The following is guest post by Philip via MarketingToChina.com

20121008-cba-01

The website of Chinese Basketball Association was hacked in the night of Nov. 6, Beijing time (GMT +8). On the front page of the website there appeared a notice in Japanese as shown in the following. The rough translation is “Diaoyu Islands owner is Japan, Chinese are China pigs, Japanese technology the best”.

The news about Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) website hacked has aroused an extensive discussion of discussion online. Some people criticized, even cursed Japanese hackers.

@霜钟余:日本狗真有骨气,美国日本国旗放一起

Japanese “dogs” are so “man of character”, putting their national flag with that of US

@我也不知道ao:悔恨自己不是黑客,不能黑日本

It’s a shame I’m no hacker, cannot hack Japanese site

However, they are only a small part of the netizens. Because some netizens discovered  some suspicious facts:

1. there are so many basic grammar mistakes in the notice that only Chinese can understand that such as the simplified Chinese characters. (in Japanese, there are some words the same as traditional Chinese characters, but in this notice there were only simplified Chinese characters)

2. Japanese government called the disputed islands “Senkaku Islands”, not “Diaoyu Islands” which is used by Chinese government.

3. The US national flag is just gliding the lily. If Japanese hacker really wants to hack the CBA website to claim the Japanese sovereignty on the islands, what the need to put a US national flag?

Based on those facts, most Chinese netizens focused more on who the real hacker is and waiting the truth.

@Kirasama_r2:智商是硬伤…自己黑自己啊..

the IQ of the hacker has serious problem, he just hacked himself!

@千夜senya: 用百度翻译翻的吧,连谷歌翻译都不如

He must use Baidu translation, even worse than Google translation

@ ChriSxRedfielD:中国篮协网被黑。目测自黑

CBA site hacked, from my observation, it’s hacked by someone from ourselves

Chinese hackers also show their suspect on this case, as they comment on the forum for Chinese hackers: cnhonkerarmy

@hzk2006: 唉 一看就是个蹩脚的新, 哈哈

He must be a clumsy new fish, lol

@千夜senya: 日本人怎么会说钓鱼岛,这连谷歌翻译都不如吧?

Why would a Japanese say Diaoyu Islands (instead of Senkaku Islands), that’s worse than Google translation.

1. Philip says:

Thank you very much for sharing this post! Many things happened in China during the election this time. GFW becomes more strict, academic seminars’ cancelled… Tough time comes.

2. han says:

China screwed itself again, only deeper and tighter this time

• voiceofhomer says:

Yeah China is so weak and full of it.

China needs to have balls if she wants to by like the USA or Canada.

Just send in the army and forget about it.

3. Cambodians says:

Crazy japs

4. Cambodians says:

Nihonjin is an example of a crazy jap

5. Nihonjin says:

Cambodians is a dirty chink pretending to be Cambodian.

• Angelus88 says:

Definition “chink”: A narrow opening, such as a crack or fissure.
      Pretty much used by racists to describe asian eyes. If you are japanese.. great choice of words mate.. it could have just been ranting on your own people as well..=.=”

6. Cambodians says:

To key can u ban nihonjin and delete his comments. It’s probably koreangay or vietguy in disguise

7. Jonas says:

There have been some people who always pretend to be Japanese and do bad things. Most of them are just unsatisfied with Japanese government, not Japanese people.

• Angelus88 says:

Fun thing is that people tend to blame the people for what the government does. Such as americans are ALL hookers and gangster, ALL japanese are into tentacles and raping little schoolgirls and ALL dutch people are on weed… simpletons are everywhere in the world, that much we can see aye?

8. Nippon rules says:

The above comments rate as no more than fantasy.

9. Josue says:

Do you know that there is a book about Nihonjin ho shiranai nohnigo ? It’s excellent !!! I got it from a japanese friend.Taling about dramas if you want to cry to can also watch Summer Snow !!!My Boss My Hero is really excellent that’s because Nagase Tomoya is si funny (he’s also the singer of the group TOKIO)

10. My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different web address and thought I might
    as well check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.
    Look forward to going over your web page repeatedly.

11. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you
    wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with a
    few pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is
    wonderful blog. A great read. I’ll certainly be back.

12. Angelus8 says:

Ironically, the very keyboard your using to bash china is most likely made in china. If not, your daily televisions or gaming consoles are. Fun thing is that the good and bad come from china. And to be very honest.. yes, china might actually be able to do so, due to the fact that the money and power to back their words. Just ranting on a country (can be any country tbh) is merely raging against a wall without result mate.