Coast guard killed by Chinese fisherman, South Koreans protest

| December 13th, 2011

(From Netease) According to South Korean news agency Yonhap on Dec 12, a South Korean coast guard was killed and another injured when trying to detain a Chinese fishing boat 85 km to the southwest of Small TsingTao Island. 9 crews including the captain were transferred to Incheon for investigation. The press also said that the captain refused to admit guilty.

On Dec 13rd, some Korean groups totaling over 300 people gathered in front of the China embassy in Seoul to protest and demand immediate apology from China.

According to multiple South Korean press including NEWSIS, MONEYTODAY, protestors condemned the Chinese fishing boat crews for killing South Korean coast guard, some urged the government to “take military action against Chinese fishermen”, some demanded “Chinese government to compensate the dead coast guard and apologize immediately”, some threatened to “start a countrywide boycott of Chinese products if the Chinese government doesn’t apology”.

Local time Dec 13rd, protestors are in conflict with the police in front of the China embassy in Seoul.

An angry protestor was chewing and tearing China national flag into pieces.

A man drove his car into the police vehicle.

The driver was arrested.

Netizens’ comments on Netease:

Sticks (offensive slang for Korean people) for go the hell for politicalizing civil dispute, we are fine with you boycotting Chinese products.

You boycott us, then we will do the same to you. My Samsung phone has always had problems, should just throw it away”

I swear my family and I will never buy Korean products, never watch Korean soap opera as a way to show my anger upon Korean arresting our fishermen.”

It is the fisherman’s fault at the first place. He crossed the coast line to fish and stabbed the coast guard, he really should apologize and compensate to the guard. We can be tough when needed be, but we must admit guilty when we actually are. Denying the obvious mistake only makes you boneless and narrow-minded.

Korea boycotting Chinese products? What if China also boycott Korean products? Which country will suffer more? I bet it is Korea.

Netease is shameless in favoring the South Korea side.

Why apologize? It is a purely individual incident, why demand the country to take the bullet? Did Korea apologize for the Virginia Tech massacre?

This is only a individual incident, it didn’t come from the China government, it was not a plotted attack against the Korean coast guard. What do you mean by protesting, what do you mean by burning China national flag? Are you protesting against all Chinese people? I can only say Korean are too narrow-minded. Such ethnicity can hardly flourish.

Just be a man and apologize. Shame that most people think being a man means not admitting wrong. Our people’s quality really doesn’t deserve democracy.

1. Chloe says:

I notice you make a lot of unfriendly comments on this site. What you say won’t make any difference in the world, except leave a bad impression for Koreans. Really, just saying. You’re promulgating the stereotype that Koreans are arrogant and racist…

2. Chloe says:

Ok, I see you’re very adamant about your message. I wish you luck then. But seriously, cheer up! It’s not all that bad, and being this pessimistic won’t change anything.

3. 老外 says:

korean_guy, is there some way I can contact you outside this website? I’d like to share something.

4. i object says:

all stupid shit aside, i assume you are chinese chloe, dont be so quick to back your people and your government .you need to know your people and government dont give a shit about you, get that through your thick skull ,, its not only china but governments worldwide, they dont care about you regular citizens

5. shh says:

the people that tell you you’re wrong aren’t sinophiles. They’re just correct, making you look like an absolute moronic thug in comparison, particularly when someone like Chloe responds in a calm and rational manner.

Not even your sentence by sentence breakdown can save you this time. You just look like a pathetic pissant.

I wonder if Key hired you to post ridiculous bullshit on here and get people riled up, increasing traffic to the site.

6. Steroids Bro says:

Hahaha

7. You are a hypocrite says:

@ shh

I think you should first think about the disgusting behaviors of Chinese in this incident before you blame “Korean_Guy”, and do not worry, many people around the world already know that Chinese are absolutely moronic thugs, and this is one of the incident that proves it.

8. dongshizhang says:

slight logistical flaw in that comparison

9. You are a hypocrite says:

What do you want to share? Do you want a stab him just like what the Chinese murderer did?

10. Makron says:

Its the CCPs fault that these fishermen can’t catch jack shit on their side of the pond. They polluted the fuck out of their waters and practically wiped out all marine life in them with overfishing. Maybe if the CCP regulated their own fishermen, these third world savage scum fuck Chinese wouldn’t need to trespass into Korean territory by the thousands and violently attack Korean officers.

I advocate the Korean government allow the use of fire arms on any trespassing Chinese ship. All Chinese boats will then be confiscated and burnt before eyes of the Chinese fishermen. Rather than wasting taxpayer money sending these primitives to jail, I advocate we drop them somewhere in the middle of the Pacific ocean.Let them suffer for days until they die from exposure.

11. Makron says:

“””What tha, somebody have no life, spending so many comments here, and why do U use several nicknames? Makron, Korea_guy, top sup tam bong lol”””

Why do you Chinks assume that we are all the same person? China is the single most hated country in Korea by a wide margin. I personally do not know of a single person who holds a positive opinion towards Chinese people. No one in my family likes them and neither do my friends.

You are probably one of those delusional chinese fucks who believe Koreans respect China. We don’t, we find you guys pretentious and thuggish.

12. 老外 says:

korean_guy, I usually enjoy your posts because I think they’re funny, and sometimes spot-on.

But… I don’t really believe all Chinese are like this. I know China has a lot of problems, but they are a developing country. America also had a lot of problems such as these when we were developing.

I’ve lost children because of a Chinese woman (ex-girlfriend) who couldn’t tell the truth if her life depended on it; she would rather kill our children to take revenge on me than let them live. I’ve met quite a few other equally-despicable Chinese people (like her mother), but I’ve met more good people than that, even in her own family; her grandparents, two of her aunts, etc… for every bad Chinese person, I’ve met at least 15 “good” ones.

Just because some are bad doesn’t mean all of them are. Despite all that I’ve lost and suffered at the hands of that bitch, I wouldn’t blame all of of China. It’s better to just condemn all the evil people in the world, no matter where they’re from. Condemning all for the actions of a few isn’t wise.

13. Jane says:

@ Korean_guy,

I have nothing against the Korean or the Chinese. And this incident was started by a Chinese. But to generalize the entire Chinese people and there “Chinese-ness” is damn offensive. Every country has within them the good and the bad. There are good Koreans but then therire people like you shit-holes who’s
    job is to spread hate!

Its trolls like you who should be shot!!!!

14. voiceofhomer says:

You are what you eat and not to mention very childish and immature.

15. John says:

Faggot good korean_boy just loves to stir things up. And eat dogs.

Meanwhile, back in NK, Kim Jong Un was just dubbed “supreme commander”, so korean_faggot now has a new Dear Leader to tell him how to hold his penis as he urinates.

Gooks will be gooks will be gooks, and korean_freak is no exception. Maybe he thinks coming here and making fun of the Chinese will make his penis bigger? Someone should tell him it ain’t gonna happen. His penis will always be tiny.

korean_gay is one of the greatest trolls I have ever witnessed. Perhaps it comes from his Korean heritage. Take a look at the fucking joke fest that is North Korea to see what his brothers and sisters are capable of. Oh, but korean_troll doesn’t want to acknowledge the existence of the Great northern half of his shit-hole of a country, where 90% of the women use plastic surgery by the time they reach puberty to hide their natural ugliness.

Fuck korean_guy and everything he stands for. He stands for nothing but spreading hatred, and if he is a representation of Korea, then Korea is the leaking anal hole of the world. Nothing but shit a steaming pile of dog shit (right after the Koreans ate the dog).

Merry Christmas.

16. cindy says:

are you for real??? compare to south koreans..chinese don’t do much plastic surgery at all…you can find like thousands and thousands of articles about south koreans and their plastic surgery on the internet. The whole world knows south korean 90% had plastic surgery done. They all do that double eyelids surgery, they have square big flat face so they do jaw cheeks reduction..bone shaving, they do nose because they have flat nose…and skin bleaching with lasers and chemical to whitening their yellow skin……They do all that to get rid of the korean look. That is why the south don’t look like the natural north koreans. The south koreans have inferior complex. They do plastic surgery cheap with discount and south korea is the only place on earth where you can see posters everywhere on the street promoting plastic surgery. Also it’ s very common to see many people walking around with bandages wrapped around their faces and chests. It’s no big deal to walk on the street looking like that. It’s quite a sight. Go to south korea and see it for yourself.
    The start plastic surgery at teenage years…

17. cindy says:

go read this article..it’s just one of the thousands report about south korean having plastic surgery.

The plastic surgery mania in Korea is led by women in their 20s. That may soon change: the big new market for cosmetic procedures is teenagers.

According to an e-Seoul survey, 41.4 percent of teens interviewed ……

18. cindy says:

You are such an educated person..I feel sorry for you. The whole world knows the only thing South korean has is trying to copy Japan which the south korean failed miserably. All the south korea products are poorly designed, lower and cheap when compare to Japan, German, and American..That south korea LG …cheap products..sorry to say but it’s piece of garbage..I am sure the Americans know what I am talking about..We buy Sony and panasonic…that hyundai car is a joke…poor technology and cheap…who in the right mind will buy a hyundai car over toyota and honda? Even the koreans prefer to buy honda and ford over hyundai. They will buy hyundai only because it’s cheaper than honda and ford. South korea economy has to rely on china for trading heavily to sell the south korean products because the skorean products are not as good as japan,german, and american products. SK sell their products cheaper. Even the samsung has a really hard time competing with the apple iphone, panasonic, sony, motorola which are all more popular and better made, and samsung is suppose to be the finest product of Skorea. Again skorean has to rely on China to buy samsung and without the china market, samsung will not be able to continue to survive or compete with sony or other.

China has space program, satellites, and massive military advance technologies and advance internet which China has total control over their people. China produce cars also and working on environment improvement. EVerything you touch…from the parts of the elevator,building materials, furnitures, parts and components on eletronics and computer, cars, even the pen you are holding are produced by China. China has the technologies and factories to mass produce them….The only thing south korean is good for is their plastic surgery because their doctors have millions of operations performed on the south koreans. So your south korean economy will rely on plastic surgery business…and China for buying your cheap goods.

I say to avoid any more conflict between South korea and China, the two countries should just stay away from each other. China should ban all trading with South korea and south korea should ban all trading with china. Peace.

I thought you south koreas have big brain because a typical korean have large head and bigger face than the chinese and japanese. The korean are thicker bones. How come your brain is not big?

19. cindy says:

“I just hope your kid doesn’t eat or play with anything shit made in China lest the kid dies of poisoning or grows…….” wow.you talk and behave like a low life. Don’t tell me this is a typical south korean.
    So much hate from south koreans. You guys should use your energy to urge the south korean gov’t to ban China and stop trading with China. This way china can officially ban south korea and stop trading. You complain so much only on your korea tv broadcast and internet but your Sk gov’t still won’t do anything, still wagging your tail and begging China. You don’t want the china chinese to laugh at you and call you sk dogs? Urge your gov’t.
    China should really stay away from the koreans period. All the north korean refugees China should pass them to south korea including the billions dollar expenses each year for housing and shelters. Use those money for the china people instead. China should take it to UN and make the sk gov’t pay. The sk gov’t don’t do anything to help pay for your brothers from north. They need help. It’s only humane! Stop spending money on plastic surgery and help your north brothers. Natural north korean and plastic south koreans..are all the same..the same DNA.

The American and their economy crisis, they are talking about charging foreign countries for military defense. Let south korea pay billions to America for military defense, this way to improve the america economy. Also the south korea should stop doing marine practice by the sea of China polluting the water and environment..China is working to improve. China should take it to the UN and bill south korea for clean up.

Peace to all nations and work for a better economy!

20. 老外 says:

LG has really high quality products. Sure, their phones might not be the best, but I have an LG TV which I’m more than satisfied with. Furthermore, Samsung makes some of the best quality ANYTHING in the world.

Hyundai is not a joke, and the technology isn’t either. Hyundai vehicles are comparable, and in some cases better than luxury vehicles for a fraction of the price. Their low-end vehicles aren’t bad either; 40 MPG with excellent safety for only $12.5k MSRP? Try finding that in a Japanese Devil Machine. Now go look at the Genesis.

I’ve had one bad experience after another with Panasonic products, and don’t plan on buying from them again. Moreover, Sony products are uselessly overpriced. Samsung > Sony.

Samsung isn’t having a hard time competing with Apple. I suggest you visit websites such as engadget.com to see the patent wars that Apple is using in fear of Samsung. Samsung has several phones better than any current generation iPhone, and will soon catch up to the iPad3 in tablet specs – if not surpass them.

Samsung sold more smart phones than apple sold iPhones. In fact, their galaxy S II almost matched the iPhone in sales by itself.

With that said, I worry about China’s utter disdain for human life. Your idea that China is working to improve their environment is not very sound. Although some places are, others aren’t; they continually falsify environmental reports, but don’t realize their population is educated enough to know they’re lying.

China is having a tough time right now, and their leaders aren’t helping. But the leaders are raised in a society which behaves much like they do: with disdain for human life, and selfishness.

21. cindy says:

I meant I feel sorry for you being so uneducated. That was a mistype. You are cracking me up. You are very desperate. You keep stating things that has no actual facts behind it and type 3000 words of your personal opinions filled with bias and hatred against chinese. I just want to point out the facts and what is happening right now with the world and the north korea refugees and China spending billions each year. The north korean refugees need money to take care of and it only make sense the south korean pay for the whole cost. They need to let those refugee move into South korea and stay there. It’s your family. There are estimate somewhere 400,000 refugees reported in China..But they believe the actually number is higher. SK needs to step up and help accept the responsibility for the cost. Also Sk practice marine weapons drill polluting the china sea and that is the truth. They need to pay for keeping the environment clean.
    It’s also fact the American want to charge sk for military defense.
    etc etc etc…everything I point out about China trading with sk and sk rely on china to sell their lower quality products competing with japan,germany,USA are all based on facts..none of my personal opinions. I am not trying to anger you. But facts are facts. And no..if one day China ban South korea..chances are the other chinese countries like Taiwan, hong kong, malaysia, singapore..will most likely side with China and not skorea because like you say, China plays a major power role in world economy and we are making too much money from China. You guys will have to side with the japanese, but the japanese always call you koreans dogs making fun of you(sorry), and the Americans.(hope they don’t charge you a high price on everything like military)
    Majority of south koreans have starting teenage year. The south koreans want to look “white” and tried to get rid of the korean look because they have inferior complex. They do plastic surgery to shave down or remove portion of their jaw bones to narrow their wide big korean face, then change their flat nose, do double eyelid because they mostly born with mono eyelids. Skin bleach white their yellow skin. Everybody knows Actually I should say the south koreans want a more chinese or japanese look because majority of us are born with double eye lids and narrow face. I have big round eyes heavy double eye lids and narrow face, and fair skin and a small nose. so is my other chinese girl friends and a japanese girlfriend. I know how natural chinese, japanese, korean look like. I am surrounded by them. I am telling you the facts..
    The sk coast guards are known for their violent behavior. (I mean look at you..a perfect example) They are armed with guns and trained. In 2010 they killed a china fishermen/civilians. The china had already urge sk repeatedly to stop the aggressive violent behavior. Very sorry now the cilivian killed that gun armed coast guard with a knife. Tragic. I am sorry. If the sk guard shoot the fishermen intentionally the sk gov’t will have to answer to China. Then they will officially listed as hostile country. Maybe they will stop trading with each other. Sk will ban China and china will officially ban south korea. I don’t know. Maybe that will work. The skorean and chinese will stay away from each other and peace..

22. cindy says:

so what car you and your families are driving now? Hyundai? I am a embarrass if I drive a hyundai. sorry. I am just being honest. I will keep my honda. My family all have toyota , ford, and other german car. and you use samsung phone? I will keep my iphone. Like you clearly stated. They are actually(quality wise) not bad for the lower price. Just like I told you most of the time people buy them it’s because it’s cheaper. I am willing to pay higher price for better quality products. So you just agreed the sk are using the same strategy. Make cheap lower quaility products and sell at a lower price.
    China definitely need to do more. A nation with massive goods production. They need to work even harder on improving the environment. They should put billions in. Where will they get that money I don’t know. maybe from charging the skoreans for refugees.
    China are spending money on space program building space stations and satellites, and hopefully , maybe one day get natural resources. maybe it will help the earth.
    The south Korean should do their part also and stop polluting the environment and china water doing military drill. Pay and clean up their mess.
    China can also use those money instead on the korean refugees, use to build more school and medical facilities for the china people in the rural areas.
    peace.

23. 老外 says:

PowerBullTroll, do you like bird?

24. Luke says:

You are really biased. (Not that I am siding with China….As a matter of fact, exorbitant amount of fury stirrs inside my veins as I receive news associated with the spontaneous malicious actions of Chinese people.) What I am trying to say is that you should show some respect to China no matter how crooked the country seems to be according to your fixed notion . Regardless of the fact that Chinese companies are usually mistrusted due to its constant attempts to gain inexhaustible profits you must fake into consideration etiquette.

25. cindy says:

korean guy:
    Don’t try to infect the chinese with your south korean ultra inferiortiy complex. Chinese are not big on plastic surgery like the way south koreans are.
    99% of south korean celebrities are plastic surgery face. They completely alter their face.

26. cindy says:

korean guy:

I know you are into plastic stuff, but sometimes it’s good to go natural. Here is a page of all natural for you to jerk off your two inches.

27. cindy says:

Korean guy:

Thank you again for proving south koreans are born liar, they lie with no shame, with moral as low a cockroach. I believe you are the one who brought up first in this thread how chinese movies suck and they copy other country, and chinese women need extreme make over for their natural face. So I answer you by giving you some facts about chinese movies and chinese directors commonly winning international awards like Oscar and directing Holllywood big blockbuster films. And where is your BMW korea films and directors? Don’t make me laugh. It’s BMW to the south koreans only and some Asian house wives with a box of crying tissues who will watch a bird poop in the sink and call it a good BMW drama. Don’t make me laugh.

Yes, a south korean man said he loves plastic korean woman, no surprise there, they send their kids at age 8 for plastic surgery to get rid of the mongoloid down syndrome korean facial features. Oprah Winfrey said it’s the South korean inferiority complex. I call it mental illness.

South korea is an evil country. They don’t respect nature and human rights. Their gov’t are so corrupted they abuse their power openly and tons of bribery. It’s a country of liars stated by korea justice minister Kim Seung-kyu. They will often produce contaminated or poisonous products and refuse to take responsibility or do recalls. They would insist that their products are safe to use and are the best and continue to sell it to you. You are risking your life basically everytime you use a korean products. The south koreans are well known by the foreigners who visited and live there for their disgusting hygienes and lack of sanitation practice. Absolutely foul and nasty. They urinate everywhere and throw garbages every where on the street. Never flush the toilets leaving poops in paper next to the toilets. Never wash hands with soap. That is why it is only fitting to call them cockroaches because they do have the characteristics and traits of roaches.

The bottomline is that the south koreans trained armed coast guards should listen to China gov’t to stop using violence on the chinese fishingmen/civilians. And just continue to fine the fishingmen heavy fines, thousands and thousands of dollars of heavy fines like the sk always do to these chinese fishingmen.
    And China should stay out of the korean refugee crisses and pass the the annual billions expenses to south korea. Stop importing low quality korean products and increase on more imports from Japanese, hongkong, taiwan, singapore, malaysia, or USA. Ban all south korean imports and low qualities housewives dramas.

Everytime I read news, I see sk roaches trying to get money from China. The south koreans are begging and licking chinese asses like they lick american asses. At the same time the sk use internet to defame chinese like the way they defamed japanese when Japanese economy were blooming. The Chinese should understand that these sk roaches will be eating their own poops if us chinese stop feeding them and helping them. They are filthy roaches. They are born for the Chinese to step on.

28. 老外 says:

Hey! I love Chinese movies and television! 新三国 is really, really good.

29. Luke says:

You spend exorbitant amount of time blurting out SOME negative segments of China which I believe is completely pointless..

30. cindy says:

老外:
    I have already point out that the south koreans have mental illness. They would if they could put it in their south korea constitution “We south koreans are the best because we say so.” They will keep insisting that their corny south korea films and dramas are the best in the world and extremely popular in USA. I am laughing in tears right now. The sk may be good at making corny soup operas for the house wives with a box of crying tissue, but they have no clue how to do major action/adventure films with explosives, firearms, action vehicles, fire scenes, stunts, etc… they keep copying hong kong films, and they couldn’t do the job right it’s pathetic. The sk have been submitting films to hollywood Oscar for like 20yrs and never got nominated. Those poor academy commitees probably rolled their eyes every year and forced to sit through to watch and judge these sk low quality films. That is the reason despite the fact the skorea try so hard to break into hollywood, you never see hollywood hire any sk directors because they already knew how bad they are. The hollywood hire many Chinese directors and crew to film their big action films.
    You will see a lot korean drama on their tv in the korean stores, and the dramas look so corny it’s no joke. The sk men look very girly or gay and all plastic surgery all look the same. Korean pop singer mostly come in group on their TV and the girls and boy looks like plastic barbies and girly ken like gay. You will have a hard time telling who is who.

Korean guys like plastic

Maybe you prefer natural

31. 老外 says:

Actually, I like a lot of South Korean movies and dramas. But it isn’t fair to condemn everyone based on the actions of a few. The only thing I really can’t stand is Japan… lol… they’re so damn sick/crazy.

32. cindy says:

korean guy:

Chinese are very generous and will donate money to those in need, unlike the south koreans.
    You will see whenever something disasterous happened or someone in need, a massive donation will come pouring in from Chinese. The south koreans should know because China has been paying for your starving brother north k refugees, while the sk look the other way.

The sk then all day long complaining about China being crude and not help the nk enough. The sk twist and lie and defame the chinese. These skoreans are truly the lowest of the lowest forms of life the planet has ever seen. The south koreans make cockroaches look angelic.

33. cindy says:

korean guy:

And the American said “It is unfortunate that Apple has to rely on Samsung to manufacture components for any Apple product (especially the iPad) considering that Samsung’s tablet designers have been stealing from Apple left and right.”

Of course the world know south korean are always stealing things from USA and China. The south koreans are shameless. They will steal from you and say they are the best like “we south koreans are the best because we say so.” The south koreans are foul, nasty, disgusting low lives. They are as nasty and vomiting as their nasty bathroom hygienes. puk.

34. voiceofbart says:

It is true that Koreans have the worse anger issues. It’s obvious that this guy does not have a life. His daily routine must be eating kimchi, troll, and repeat. LOL….

35. cindy says:

Korean guy:

It is true that Koreans have the worse anger issues. It’s obvious that this korean guy does not have a life. His daily routine must be eating kimchi first thing in the morning in his dirty underwear, troll, and repeat. Then eat grilled dog for lunch. Have worms as snack in between while trolling on the computer. Then cat stew for dinner. He probably use kimchi sauce to rinse his mouth before going to bed. LOL….
    Disgusting, filthy, repulsive typical south koreans….

36. maci says:

true the only thing we can do is try to screw our own gov