Ancient Chinese court uses westerner looking mannequins

| November 9th, 2011

Img3075901_n

(From Chongqing online) Ancient dynastic style buildings, old temples, slab roads, ancient court replica, every thing looks pleasantly primitive and simple in Song Gai Ancient Town (松溉古镇), a historical tourist spot in Chongqing City. However, a recent post on the Internet pointed out a “humiliating” flaw in the court replica that ruins the overall antiquity of the ancient town: the judge and bailiffs are mannequins that look like westerner fashion models in ancient court costumes.

cf2479064c3e97f974c205e585b761bb

“Song Gai Town has rebuilt the Yongquan County Court , but inside all the characters are played by westerner looking mannequins.” Netizen “三溪夫子笔竿” posted on a forum on Nov 6th.

Img3075902_n

As seen in the photos, the court is demonstrating the legal trial situation in ancient China. Under the big plaque of justice sits the county magistrate as well as the judge.

98e0ee3b67a0de710014659d4227daeb

4 bailiffs stand on both sides of the court holding sticks to keep order while a captain in red is reporting something to the county magistrate. There are about 10 dummies in ancient costumes simulating ancient Chinese court, but all are just fashion mannequins we see in the shopping mall.

Netizens comment that it feels weird to have westerner looking mannequins in the ancient court, saying “officials of the ancient town is careless about their jobs, it is simply wrong  in that it doesn’t respect our history and that it hurts our patriotic feeling” “Such mistake from a historic tourist spot is humiliating” “Really awful, more brainless than illiterate”.

Reporter then interviewed the vice-chairman of the town Zhao Jin, who ascribed the problem to budget limitation: “it costs tens of thousand yuan to make a wax figure. This kind of plastic fashion mannequins on display is much cheaper.” According to a teacher from department of sculpture in Xichuan Fine Arts Institute, clay dummy is hard to preserve, the cheapest practical material will be glass-reinforced plastic but even that can cost 30 – 40 thousand yuan per figure.

Zhao Jin admitted that the fashion mannequins are a little too modern, so the town has proposed two solutions. One, to tune the original mannequins to ancient Chinese appearance by adding wrinkles and beard, as well as fixing the eyes; the other solution is to replace them all with Chinese looking figures, which again will be subject to budget since there is no ready made Chinese looking mannequins in fashion industry.

More photos:

40580c974466a9896ace80e01208cd9d

Img3075903_n Img3075904_n

2011100713206411476951237642587

1. Jason says:

did they took those from some clothing store?

2. Ken says:

Very dumb article. Agreed.

3. Mark says:

Guys Im a white boy and have a 2 inch penis and I can’t even get a dog to give me head, I guess my only choice is to go to korea to fuck a ladyboy there n get syphilis

4. korean_guy says:

Well you can come to Korea where we fuck goats and eat dogs, we have no morals and are the scums of the earth, I’m sure a filthy whiteboy can thrive here in the rectum of the world (south Korea)

5. korean_guy says:

Fuck man I may eat dogs but I lick my asshole clean so I don’t get worms, that’s how we Koreans do it yo

TAP SUM BONG

6. Huzhang says:

Pig disgusting manchu bullshit

7. korean_gay@hotmail.com says:

All Koreans are good with plastic, just get some of them to fix the manikins heads like this Korean bitches was fixed http://www.thatsphucked.com/post/2009/06/Hang-Mioku—Plastic-Surgery-Gone-Wrong.aspx

8. Apple Sauce says:

It’s “Mannequin” — not “manikin”, as your headline reads.

9. Apple Sauce says:

i think i saw one of these mannequins at The GAP.

10. Savages Censor Me says:

“Your comment is awaiting moderation.”

Wow, ok. It’s time to turn Nazi Communist now. Thanks Annie.

11. Korean_guy says:

im a white asshole pretending to be korean. even though they eat dogs koreans are superior to my sorry ass in every way. in fact im just an inbred caucasian dipshit expat who whores myself on the street corners of shanghai cuz im a fuckin loser whos been disowned by my own country and now i pleasure mens assholes

12. chinan says:

It is the splendid result

13. Apple Sauce says:

In my experience, Chinese call anyone who doesn’t look Asian a “Westerner”. That includes Caucasian, Indian, African, South American, or Indigenous. These mannequins, however, look Caucasian. To call them “Westerner-looking” is inaccurate both grammatically and ethnically. The headline should read, “Ancient Chinese Court Uses Caucasian Mannequins”.

GRAM MAR!

14. fsdfs says:

And why does the judge have a Japanese flag behind him?

Typical Chinese “historical” setup. Just make some shit up on the spot so it looks more or less like on TV shows from the Tang dynastie. Nobody give a crap anyway, because you can’t “get rich” from it.