Perpetrator’s Father Li Gang apologizes publicly

| October 22nd, 2010

20101021-li-gang-01

Yesterday we posted about the public concerned drinking and driving car accident happened in Hebei University.  Killing one and injuring one, the perpetrator was already detained by the police.  Today, “the Li Gang” of the lately catchy Internet catchphrase “My dad is Li Gang”, suspect’s father contacted  CCTV through the police in order to express his deepest regret to the victims, victims’ families and also the public.

From CCTV:

Reporter: Did you hear about the news on the same day of the incident?

Li Gang: I was on a business trip.

Reporter: How did you feel when you heard the news?

Li Gang: (Crying) Things like this happened to my kid, caused so much pain to the others, I feel very painful as well.  These days I could not eat, could not sleep.  As Li Qiming’s father, as a parent, on behalf of my whole family and my son, I express my deepest regret to victims and their families, I’m sorry. (90 degrees bow, he didn’t get up for long time.)

(reporter helped Li Gang back to his seat)

Li Gang: To me my stand is very clear, I will not shield my child. (Shaking his head with tears) This incident, If we switch places and I also try to understand the feelings of the victims.  it’s the same, same.  (crying) I will do my best… do my best to actively cooperate with victim’s treatment and sincerely give my condolences to the victim’s families.  As for my child’s education, as a father I failed.  I am very sad, very guilty, very ashamed. (covering his face and crying)

Video of Li Qiming cries and apologizes after being detained:

Zhang Jingjing The student injured in the accident is still haunted by her memory.

20101021-li-gang-02

1. Boo says:

Li Qiming has no real tears. But no matter, his father is Li Gang!

2. Le Chaveux says:

What’s gonna happen to him? Death penalty?

3. shenmeniao says:

though we might see a little drool ooze from that downward face patheta-cry

4. greenpeace250 says:

wahahahahahaha
    I am very happy to see their tears.

I am impressed by the father. Not trying to hide and accepting his son’s responsibility. I have no idea if he was a good or a lousy father but I’ve known plenty of great people who’s offspring turned out really bad so I am not going to judge. Good on you Li Gang.

• Saul says:

This is probably the price he has to pay to save his own ass.
      In my opinion, he’s not sincere.

• keius says:

I concur. He’s not really sincere. He’s doing damage control and trying to control the situation as much as he can. His son botched it badly in the PR department. While he’s making his apologies, he’ll be pulling every string he can to get his son off or minimize any time or penalties that his son will have to deal with. I can almost guarantee that the judge will say that they were all sorry for what happened and give him a light sentence. The victims will get some monetary compensation, probably from corrupt bribe money the boy’s daddy has received over the years. It’s what we call SOP, standard operating procedures, for when things get out of control.

6. Carl says:

I feel bad for the father. :(

7. George says:

that is some good acting!
    let’s cry on this, so my son doesn’t have to go to jail

8. Li Gang - Forgiven NOT Li Qiming says:

I feel sorry for his father. BUT his son can fucking die! I see real tears from his dad but not his son.

9. Max Headroom says:

I hope the son will grow up to be like his father.

/M

10. David OHara says:

Chinese and Americans, we have a lot in common. I feel bad for this father. There is nothing worse than having your own son do something bad and then express no remorse. As parents, we try to shield our kids from the harshness of life but when they do something like this, it hurts to know there is nothing you can do to make things better.

• keius says:

I don’t think you realize how the system works and the things his dad would have had to have done to be in the official position that he’s in. Any Chinese person would know that to go up the ranks, he would have had to play the corruption game. The corruption has a hugely adverse effect on the ‘common’ people. They do some pretty horrible stuff to make the money that they do. Officials don’t make much. Consider the lifestyle his son is sporting. Why do you think people are afraid to come out as witnesses? It’s because of “Li Gang”. I feel absolutely no pity for the son or the father. I’m sure his daddy has bailed his boy out of bad situations before….to the detriment of whoever opposed his boy. I’ll say it again, there is a reason his boy could say that “My father is Li Gang!”. It’s because he’s used this ‘power’ before.

• Justin says:

Yeah, I was raised Christian though I’m not anymore and it reminds me of a passage in the Bible. Not sure the exact phrasing but it’s something like, “The son shall pay for the sins of the father.” There is a culture of nepotism in China, which results in a culture of mediocrity. But that’s not to say that nepotism does not exist in the West. For Christ’s sake look at George Bush. The motherfucker made it all the way to the presidency based on his father’s connections. If that isn’t nepotism, I don’t know what is.

That said, I do have an anecdote about a colleague of mine at a state-owned news organization (I won’t name names for the sake of anonymity, his mostly I don’t care who knows who I am). His dad was a ranking CPC member with a lot of clout apparently, which landed him the job despite the fact that he did not have enough qualifications for it. He was finally fired after not showing up for work twice and not calling in, which resulted in no news getting posted over the weekend. The second time it was especially embarrassing for the company because it was the anniversary of the founding of the CPC. He thought his dad’s connections would save him, but his fuck up was too large.

So he got fired and within a week he had another job at a different state-owned newspaper.

11. greenpeace250 says:

Koreans are suggested to get married with other races to improve their poor genes. To be fair, just list a paper studying the depression ratio among the three east asian countries, Korean, China, and Japan.

Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2010 May 31. [Epub ahead of print]
    Depression, quality of life (QoL) and will to live of community-dwelling postmenopausal women in three Asian countries: Korea, China and Japan.
    Ina K, Hayashi T, Nomura H, Ishitsuka A, Hirai H, Iguchi A.

Department of Geriatrics, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Tsuruma-cho 65, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8550, Japan.
    Abstract
    The purpose of this study was to examine the prevalence of screening-detected depression and the association of depression with QoL in community-dwelling postmenopausal women living in three Asian countries. We examined self-reported questionnaires and conducted the study. A total of 698 community-dwelling postmenopausal women living in three Asian countries participated in this study. The mean age was 59.4+/-6.6 years (+/-SD) Depressive symptoms were assessed using a 15-item geriatric depression scale (GDS-15). Using the cut-off of 5/6 for the GDS-15, the percentages of subjects with depression were 39.0% of the Korean subjects, 29.2% of the Chinese subjects, and 33.9% of the Japanese subjects. For the assessment of QoL, we used the EQ-5D of the EuroQoL Group. The following five dimensions were assessed: mobility, self-care, usual activities, pain/discomfort and anxiety/depression. The proportions of subjects reporting problems for each dimension were examined. Subjects with depression had significantly lower levels of some dimensions of QoL than those without depression in all three countries. In all three countries, 29.2-39.0% of community-dwelling postmenopausal women had screening-detected depression, which was significantly associated with a lower level of some dimensions of QoL. These results suggest that clinicians should pay more attention to depression in community-dwelling postmenopausal women.

Copyright © 2010. Published by Elsevier Ireland Ltd.
    PMID: 20605647 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

LinkOut – more resources
    Full Text Sources:
    Elsevier Science
    Swets Information Services

12. jambo says:

Lousy acting. Should have stayed more focus in acting school, but was too busy goofying around to learn his acting lessons.

Throw them all into jail for 50 years. Hard labor.

13. Curren$y says:

Kid should get executed.

14. john digmeme says:

Brother is getting quite sick of all the Korea bashing and racism. Lets talk about the little boy who thought his dad was the local bigwig and turned out to be low level bureaucrat. Like previous commenter’s already stated, the kid is crying because he made a grave error in judgment about his own fathers’ status.

• richard go says:

Agreed: I feel sorry for the dad. :(

The boy has no remorse. He is probably crying because of how high profile his situation has become.

richard

15. Eason says:

Worthless, despicable human being.

16. Curren$y says:

Oh wow what type of man cries, what a fucking pusshole bitchass cocksucker. Obvious attempt at damage control as mentioned by fellow netizens above. This what Chinese men have become? Running over girls and namedrops daddy, then daddy goes on national television and sobs harder than the girls’ parents. Oh wow. One thing us Chinese men can learn from Japanese men (bear with me on this one) is to be like a warrior.

17. Jjanke Gehseki says:

I listened to the video and all I hear is a bunch of rat sounding people speaking Chinese.

Chinese is the ugliest sounding language in the world.

Ching Jong Cheng Ching Chung Choong bong gyung jeng jjajjangmyun jjabaghetti jjanke jing chappagetti.

• jimmay says:

Best learn how to speak it. China will dominate the world economy in 10-15 years. Like it or not, it’s coming.

Every empire has their day, and China’s is coming.

• GuoBao says:

,,and 99 percent of the Chinese will never see a mao of that money.

• Le Chaveux says:

Oh yeah, Is that why the middle class in China is outnumbered the US population? Sure man, China is still pathetically poor, but its growing like no other. When the times right, I’m sure those prick leaders will have its reform.

• Justin says:

At least China’s leaders are actually talking about redistributing the wealth even if it’s only paying lip service. However, the CPC knows it’s in their best interest that the benefits of the economy be redistributed to all sectors of society because it is the only way to retain power.

I think the Chinese government is actually a lot more responsive to the needs of the people than most so-called democratic governments because it has no choice but to be. The Chinese people are not so docile as everyone thinks and are prone to revolution if conditions get bad enough. That’s why you see highly publicized campaigns against corruption in China. The CPC knows that corruption is a threat to its power just like economic hardship.

Everyone in China knows that there is a bargain between the Chinese people and the government. It’s a marriage of convenience. Few people are truly happy with the Communist party, but they accept its rule so long as there is peace and prosperity.

• Voice of China says:

There are actually plenty of gooks studying Chinese.

I guess Jjanke is probably jealous that no-one bothers learning Korean, since Korea is such a small insignificant country.

• Le Chaveux says:

Is that why Korean are so badly wanting to learn Chinese? FYI, Mandarin is the 2nd most learnt language for Koreans.

From your own sources too. Lol, What a joke these gaoli bangzi.

• HH says:

Gook, just let you know that Cantonese and Mandarin are totally two things,plus they sounds completely different. One suggestion, you should reduce your time watching movies that involve “Cantonese speaking scene”, and I feel responsible to tell you that when I was in Seoul for a short trip, korean sounded like a dying chicken struggling to utter its last word.

Your brothers from North Korea speak Korean with a passionate tone, better learn from that.

,,,and yet again a site gets run over by the 5 mao shit heads.

• Voice of China says:

LOL National Treasure,

I don’t know whats more funny/sad:

1.) You care
      2.) You ‘ACTUALLY’ think we are wu mao
      3.) That you think actual propaganda specialists who can speak English and still get paid wu mao
      4.) That you think any Chinese guy here takes that insult seriously

Joke is getting old honey, time to move onto a new one :D

I find it hypocritical that when racists like you start shit mouthing at China its all about truth and freedom.

When we deface your baseless claims, we’re shitheads.. The irony.. I guess we can be even more sure that you’re a gook bao.

• Voice of China says:

Actually I worked it out…

This is Gook Bao’s guide to Chinahush:

1.) RULE 1: Always agree that democracy is the best

2.) RULE 2: Remember to always mention the words ‘evil’ ‘red army’ ‘communist’ and ‘oppressive’ in one sentence when talking about China

3.) RULE 3: Everyone who does not follow rule 1 and 2 should be called a brainwashed red chinese commie paid by the oppressive government to lead the red wu mao army – that is most of China’s 1.2 billion population.

4.) RULE 4: Never believe a Chinese person when he says he is happy with the government. It’s all lies.. Chinese people need to be taught the meaning of life.

You are hilarious Gook Bao.. really :D

• Jjanke says:

I actually find it funny how easily the 5 shit heads overreact with hatred when Koreans are mentioned. Their behavior isn’t the least bit worrisome because its so stupid its funny.

• Voice of China says:

As I’ve said gook,

half the world think your country is an inferior piece of shit. Being called Korean is an insult in itself :D

19. Victor says:

YOU FUNNY chinaman and kimchi, hahaha, you both know that u r fuking inferior right? now bow to ur master JAPAN. NOW WHERES MY COMFORT WOMAN.

20. Popo says:

You guys think you are so safe being a racist on the internet. Times are changing, watch what you say. Nothing can be erased once posted. The webmaster of this site knows your exact identities (aka IPs) if the authority ever requests them.

21. jaap holm says:

This site is becoming unreadable with all the China-Korea bullshit. Fauna, ban the shitheads please

• Voice of China says:

LOL… Wrong site numbnuts..

But as I’ve always said, Chinasmack if where you want to go if you want to go to mingle with other white losers ‘faunicating’ over a false ego.

22. Justin says:

What have they got him strapped into? It looks like some kind of Hannibal Lecter detention device.

23. jaap holm says:

ok voc, ill leave this site to you. Have a happy life and watch your blood pressure.

24. raab says:

Whatever happened to that issue of the killed girl not actually wearing “roller shoes”? Any follow-up?

• Key says:

The girl who survived in an interview said she was not wearing the roller shoes, but the one who was killed was wearing them that night. So in the picture was the girl who survived.

25. what is going on now?

26. S.K. Cheung says:

What is up with this thread. The first dozen or so comments are on point, and there are barely that many that are on point the rest of the way. Jeez louise, people.

27. Luo Ge says:

Why are so many Chinese rising to the Korean bait and spouting nonsense? The facts are simply that Korea is a small but rising, fairly democratic and quite successful country, whereas China is a large and rising country where democratic freedoms are not well understood, and sometimes even derided by people who do not know any better. What is there to argue about?

28. qw says:

ligangate

29. Aldyl says:

I saw a niche site yesteday that looked a lot such as this, are everyone sure an individual seriously isn’t copying this specific web-site?

30. Satoshi Nakajima says:

Koreans have no roots they have been conquered, raped and enslaved for thousands of years i pity them. But they always make these stupid cries like a dead dog, so no one feels sorry for them after that.

31. voiceofhomer says:

WTF, the premier of Ontario didn’t allowed red light cameras because his fucking moron son is always speeding on the roads and getting arrested for DUI.

32. Wawa says:

Gook guy, I’m sure you have dropped your dad’s name too, if not worse than this guy. Now toss that kimchi to your face.

33. keius says:

The name dropping was what got him into the mess he’s in now, not his actions while drunk and driving. It’s what caused the whole thing to go so public. Had he kept his mouth shut and let things take it’s course, his daddy would have gotten it all swept under the rug. Anyway, this little emperor is crying and whining about his own situation. I seriously don’t think he gave a damn that he killed someone. That much is obvious.

34. Wawa says:

Gook guy don’t dishonor your family, eat your daily dosage of rotten kimchi, or your dad will kill all the university students and suicides. This kind of shit happen way a lot more in your Gook blood than any other blood.

35. Voice of China says:

Hahahha so true!!

Highest suicide rate in Asia… :D

36. Voice of China says:

The funny thing is that these gooks don’t understand that they are being made fun of. Gook_guy doesn’t even get the kimchi joke :P

37. greenpeace250 says:

VOC,

For your sake, I want to warn you that it is very likely you are quarreling with a Korean guy with mental disease everyday. Here is an abstract of a scientific research paper. And the first author should be a Korean because its last name is Kim, the same as the North Korean President’s (the king who is fucking).

J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs. 2008 May;21(2):105-15.
    Korean American adolescent depression and parenting.
    Kim E, Cain KC.

Department of Family and Child Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA.
    Abstract
    PROBLEM: Korean American adolescents tend to experience more mental health problems than adolescents in other ethnic groups.

METHODS: The goal of this study was to examine the association between Korean American parent-adolescent relationships and adolescents’ depressive symptoms in 56 families.

FINDINGS: Thirty-nine percent of adolescents reported elevated depressive symptoms. Adolescents’ perceived low maternal warmth and higher intergenerational acculturation conflicts with fathers were significant predictors for adolescent depressive symptoms.

CONCLUSIONS: The findings can be used to develop a family intervention program, the aim of which would be to decrease adolescent depressive symptoms by promoting parental warmth and decreasing parent-adolescent acculturation conflicts.

PMID: 18429840 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]PMCID: PMC2846702Free PMC Article

Publication Types, MeSH Terms, Grant Support
    LinkOut – more resources

38. greenpeace250 says:

J Psychol. 2006 Sep;140(5):499-511.
    The influences of cultural values, ethnic identity, and language use on the mental health of Korean American college students.
    Hovey JD, Kim SE, Seligman LD.

Program for the Study of Immigration and Mental Health, Department of Psychology, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA. jhovey@utoledo.edu
    Abstract
    Little research has examined ethnic identity, cultural values, and native language maintenance as predictors of mental health in Korean Americans. The authors explored the influences of ethnic identity, maintenance of Asian cultural values, and maintenance of Korean language usage on self-esteem, anxiety, and depression in Korean American college students (N = 133). Findings indicated that Korean American men reported relatively high levels of state and trait anxiety and that the overall sample reported a relatively high level of depression. Whereas language and ethnic identity had a minimal influence on the mental health of students, greater cultural value maintenance was associated with decreased self-esteem and increases in state anxiety, trait anxiety, and depression. The positive relationship between cultural values and mental health problems may be indicative of being caught in an ethnic bind, in which the clash of traditional and modern values contributes to psychological distress. The authors discuss clinical implications of the findings.

PMID: 17066754 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

MeSH Terms
    LinkOut – more resources

39. Wawa says:

Gook Gook Gook.

Yup, the sound of a dog, befitting a Korean indeed.

And, “Why I would never want to go to China”, wow, this is ludicrous. China will never allow you to go to China even if you want to.

I tried very hard not to reply to you gook, because there is a very likely chance that you might suicide tomorrow. But I figure, if you happened to suicide, I will be doing the world a favor.

40. Voice of China says:

Hahahaha… Just the fact that he is a gook makes it irresistible to laugh. He’s just like that guy played by Ben Stifler in Tropic Thunder.

Who the fuck is “Ben Stifler”?

42. Voice of China says:

Ben Stiller sorry..

43. Jjanke Gehseki says:

Lol, Koreans may have higher incidences of depression then Jjanke Chinks but that depression stems from perfectionism. The same perfectionism that is responsible for Korea’s high level of technology expertise and quality products. You guys should know since China has several billions of dollars in trade deficit with Korea each year because of all the Korean tech products your country is so eager to buy(or steal).

Compare this to Chinese imperfection and laziness which results in its low reputation. China: the world leader in producing useless shit that breaks the very next day. Good job in turning yourselves into the joke of the world. Please take a shower and quit illegally entering Korea you poor uneducated smelly inferior rat people. Look here, another 33 jjankes trying to illegally enter South Korea.

Who the hell cares if Koreans have a slightly higher rate of depression then Jjankes? What about the billion other things China loses to Korea in? Seriously, you Chinese are inferior to Korea in every single way.

Korea vs China

patents per capita: Korea
    IQ: Korea
    entertainment industry: Korea
    height: Korea
    apperance: Korea
    sports: Korea
    hated by the rest of the world: China

Jjanke realizes how inferior he is to Korea which is why he can only remark on Kimchi and fake Koreans stealing Confucius rumors.

1.5 billion people yet cant even develop a single relevent global brand. Korea has Samsung, LG, Hyundai, Kia. Not to mention all Korean dramas, music and entertainment your people go gaga over. China on the other hand has Ching Chong Chang’s poisounous baby milk and fragile furniture. Its no wonder why thousands of Chinese try to illegally enter Korea each year.

So inferior….

44. Jjanke Gehseki says:

Worthless rat eating melanin drinking poor and dirty jjanke can only come up with a kimchi based insult.

45. Jjanke Gehseki says:

Mao Zedong was a good man.

He murdered 60 million Chinese.

46. Voice of China says:

Just like gook guy, you don’t understand the elements of murder. Such an uneducated statement that only a gook would make.

47. Jjanke says:

Mao Zedong deserves a nobel peace prize for the Great Leap Forward.

A great leap forward for humanity indeed.

*double thumbs up*

48. Le Chaveux says:

Gook_guy, stick with one account, you multiple faced bangzi. Is that why Korean do plastic surgery huh? They like to have many faces.

49. georgeson says:

Why don’t you mention the size of dicks (jiba)? As we all know, Koreans have the shortest average size of dicks in this world. :)
    And such a group of short jiba men have a very bad habit — beating their wives. What a fucking group of shit face fucking trash.

50. Voice of China says:

Hey Gook,

words can’t express how impervious we are too your criticisms. As I said, it’s like an poor starving African kid telling a tourist how poor they are. Laughable and hardly worth rebutting.

Koreans are far from reaching perfectionism:

Looking like shit, smelling like kimchi, being poor and unable to eat a proper meat diet, dude you should see how many Koreans come to China to learn our language – can’t say the same in return.

Korean is a small, insignificant and POOR country. A country’s actual wealth is measured by nominal GDP in with China having about five times more you gao li bang zi.

As I said, you kimchibreaths pride yourself on a smaller population and less to divide that GDP with when calculating GDP per capita. Must be due to all those suicides right?

Koreans are seen as the scum of Asians in the US – the classic underachievers.

Your electronics like Samsung and LG are (Lousy Goods) haha.. Rich people prefer Sony, Panasonic, Audiotechnica, Rhode, etc.

Your cars like Kia, Daihatsu and Hyundai are cheap trash.

And about patents, you do know that the Seoul University professor didn’t actually find a cure to aids right?

And trust me Korean IQ is one of the lowest in Asia

Your entertainment Industry can’t even reach outside the country. While we have celebrities all over Hollwood. Tell me the name of ONE gook actor who made it?

And don’t kid yourself about Korean height and appearance… You’re laughable. You guys are derived from mongolians, without surgery you are short, stubby with short legs, and single eyelids and a flat and square face. Look at yourself in the mirror for example. It’s a genetic trait but you guys are so insecure about it, that the whole society gets surgery.

And sports? Don’t even bring up sports if you know whats good for you. South Korean soccer is a JOKE!!! HAHAHAHA. You do realize the whole world thinks you guys are pricks after the 2002 soccer scandal right? And that you guys have never won and WILL NEVER WIN a title right? Our Chinese B team, yes the B TEAM, 3:0 you guys in this years Asia cup.

But hey, soccer isn’t even big in China. Let me know in how many hundreds of years Korea will get even half of China’s medals. Wait, that will never happen. North Korea probably would’ve bombed you by then.

I can’t believe you are seriously using KIa, LG, Hyundai and Kia as global brands. Global trash maybe? Yes but not global brands. The term global brand insinuates that the brand is positively recognized. Gook brands are poor quality trash that our lower class like to purchase because its cheap. Trust me, given the choice, no one would by a Kia or Hyundai and No one would buy LG. Samsung is slightly higher than LG (Lousy Goods) but lower middle tier at best.

We export enough as it is, see the US debt that is owed to us. Read the last post I wrote about you gook. Seriously, shouldn’t you be out making some kimchi now? Rotten cabbage doesn’t grow itself. It’ll be another few months till you can eat some beef LOL!

51. Le Chaveux says:

Gook_guy?

52. Wawa says:

No, kimchi is your only culture that is known to people. Unless, you have any other culture that is not stolen, it will stay kimchi. Heck, even kimchi is a sign of Chinese culture, the main ingredient is Chinese cabbage native to Yangtze river delta, that is introduced to you as a staple food so that you can stop eating rocks.

In fact you live by worshiping Chinese culture, hint look at your national flag.

53. Voice of China says:

Yeah or one of his gook friends. Gooks are quite xenophobic.

The names I’ve seen are:

Gook_guy

Gook_bao

Vasopressin

Real_Korean

Korean_sentry

Pusan_playa

Jjanke Gehseiki

and so many more that I can’t remember

and who knows how many others. Gooks are obsessed with Chinese news and can’t admit it.

54. Voice of China says:

so that you can stop eating rocks

LOL!!!

55. Al says:

I knew so many Chinese people who loved Korean popular culture, especially a large number of Chinese girls whose dream was to move to Korea.

56. Voice of China says:

Shh gook! :D

57. Voice of China says:

Hahaha… Your stupidity speaks for itself gook.

58. moody says:

So you are saying you are not getting paid to post all the nonesense you keep on posting ????
    Now that s dumb

59. Le Chaveux says:

Correction for you gook, ‘to beg’.

60. mam says:

What i find so interesting is how much hatred Koreans get from some Chinese people. You’d expect that Koreans were the ones responsible for the Opium War or Nanjing massacre.

61. hoklodude says:

Changed it “korean guy wanks”.

62. Gook_sentry says:

What a pathetic gook hahaha