Crazy mother beats young child in the street

| September 23rd, 2010

20100923-beating-child-01

This video captured on the street of Shaanxi Province made the local news on TV.

In the video: Around 2 pm in the afternoon, a woman dragged a boy in the street.  For some unknown reason she suddenly kicked the boy who looked about 3-4 years old over far away.  The boy lay on the floor and started crying non-stop but the woman did not stop her crazy acts. She dragged boy up and kicked the boy in the waist 4 times. Then she slapped his face repeatedly.

At that time the boy was crying horrendously, and the pedestrians were also shocked by the scene.  Too many people were on the street, so she dragged the boy aside on the side of the road.  When she was about to hit the  boy again, one pedestrian nearby came forward to stop her.  Then he got to know that this crazy woman was actually the boy’s mother and she was just disciplining her son.  At that time, the boy was already scared to death, no matter what, he wouldn’t hold his mother’s hand anymore.  After the witness came to interfere, the mother finally then stopped the beating and left with her son.

1. AlleyCat says:

It will take a thousand pats on the shoulder to make up for one slap in the face

2. adam says:

they should execute these beasts. world would be a better place.

• Uno says:

chinese “little emperors” need some good kick in the ass. they won’t grow spoiled and arrogant this way

• Carl says:

yes, and you’re stupid. the kid is at most 5, the mentality you speak of doesn’t applies.

• uno says:

yes, and you’ve never being kicked hard enough.
          if those were real kicks the kid, who is at most 5, would be dead by now or at least would have several broken bones

• AlleyCat says:

I didn’t know you were a poet adam. Or even a member of the human race…

3. Snap says:

Uno…there is a big difference between discipline and abuse. My girls are well disciplined and never suffered this type of beating. I hope they take her child away from her.

And to the author – you mean intervene…not interfere? Don’t you?

• Uno says:

these are not even real kicks. would the mother have kicked real hard such a small boy would be half dead after all those kicks

4. That lady needs a real punishment for her abuse. Taking away the child wont be enough of a punishment.

Daniel
    -CFS

5. dongshizhang says:

is this not happening in 100 places every second in China?
    does this not illustrate how willing people are to judge but do nothing to help?

I mean, what if this kid is her Gary Coleman sized husband and she found out about his playboy lifestyle?

• GuoBao says:

Point being? Because many people do something it’s justified? Terrible argument buddy,, just terrible.

6. o.m.g. says:

hahaha
    顶顶顶顶

7. elenore says:

Child Abuse is disturbing.Grown immature adult who can’t behave as one instead bullies a much weaker person especially a toddler.Why reproduce if you can’t handle being a parent.

• AlleyCat says:

I suppose people are programmed to reproduce: more often than not it happens by mere impulse in stead of concious choice. The same goes for abusers having been abused themselves; if not addressed properly, certain personality disorders or hidden syndromes are likely to be passed on to the next generation. Victims of abuse usually are not aware of their own abusive behavior. Therefore the absence of shame.

8. JihadPunk77 says:

Aye Dios Mio… she is a horrible, evil mother. Her son will grow up to hate women because of that bitch.

• uno says:

anyway when he’ll be grown up he won’t be able to find a woman simply because there are not enough women in china. so let him hate them, no big deal

9. Expat in China says:

That is one of the most disheartening videos that I’ve seen of China. Sadly, many Chinese parents do not know the limit of when it is considered abuse. The kid in the video will grow up traumatized and result in mental instability in his adulthood. This has been seen in many researches of China abuse/spanking.

• mK says:

For all the comments regarding this as “child abuse”, read how kids were raised in not so distant past (say, 100 years ago). This kind of stuff was totally normal, yet the society didn’t crumble with majority of the people with traumatic mental problems.

Here’s an interesting anecdote; much of past poor were illiterate. When there was an important event, like the day loan is taken out, they beat up their kid. Really hard! When they need to remember this, they ask the kid, “what day was it that I beat you up?” Kid would always remember that day. This kind of stuff was going on everywhere and considered normal throughout human history.

Too many judgmental nosy know-it-all are ruining child care and humanity. Stay out of other people’s business, especially regarding child care.

10. John says:

Okay. And when that child grows up and becomes and adult, and the crazy bitch becomes and old woman and is in need of help in her old age, that child will take its revenge. Sad world.

• uno says:

that’s called divine justice

• AlleyCat says:

If it were only so. In reality however the kid will probably transfer his rage at anyone who reminds him of his mother. That is called projection bias.

• GuoBao says:

Unfortunately violence breeds violence and a kid that was beaten as a child usually go either of two ways in adulthood: Either he’ll rebel at this behavior and never lay hands on a child or he’ll pass the methods he experience on to his own offspring. Sadly most people choose the second option.

11. Max Headroom says:

It takes a lot of hard work to create a monster, but this terrible mother have made a good start…

I hope the boy will be take care of by family or social services. This mother doesn’t deserve to have a child!

Human Flesh Search!

/M

12. vonskippy says:

Hardly “beating” more like “prodding”.

Without audio, no way to tell, but it looks like beside not listening to what his mom was telling him to do, the kid was talking back.

The kid was acting up and his mum did what she had to in order to nip his poor behavioral skills in the bud.

It’s all the useless candy ass pampering that has turned today’s modern children into lippy, disobeying, disrespectful monsters.

13. xino says:

let me say it for everyone!
    Human cum flesh search her:)

there I said it, now we can relax and let the chinese find that woman…lol:P

14. miss nonsense says:

the wording is more dramtic than the actions. Yeah, she looks like the typically uncivil mother in those regions, and acts the part too – but it’s not as physical as the words describe. She just completely lacks subtlety.

15. Ping Pong says:

It’s a bit rough, but hardly child abuse. He doesn’t move at all when she kicks and hits, which shows he is absorbing almost no energy at all. In short, it is no big deal for him.

And it looks like he was giving as good as he got. I fondly remember taunting my mother to breaking point in childhood when she was at a vulnerable stage. She was in tears and ended up whacking me with a hockey stick. It was a great victory for me.

16. sim says:

LOL @ china. what a fail country

17. Schamotnik says:

I saw a dad kick his 2-3 year old sun on the subway in Shanghai.. However me and my gf seemed like the only people bothered by that scene..

18. I don't know says:

OH hush, just let her be a mother, the only thing she did wrong was to kick her kid’s butt in the public, if she do it at home, it’ll be considered as normal education, plus, if she really kicked hard, that kid won’t have strength to cry.
    She’s certainly better than those countryside people who don’t discipline their kids at all, and let them poop in the subway or running around on the road side. I’ve met so many expats in china that has scold someone as “bad mother” in the public,because those spoilt brats are just frustrating and their parents wouldn’t do anything to stop it.
    What I’m trying to say is, spare the rod, spoil the child.

• Schamotnik says:

It’s one thing to give a kid a little slap.. it’s another thing to kick a kid about.
      This mother doesn’t look like one who would spoil her kid..

19. AlleyCat says:

Spare the rod, spoil the child… For some, spanking may refer to one or two flat-handed swats on a child’s wrist or buttocks, but would not include kicking or a beating with a whip or a belt. For others, spanking also includes slaps and pinches to the leg, arm, back, or even the head, as long as no marks are left after a relatively short period of time. Shoving, shaking, grabbing, and even keeping a child in an uncomfortable position for a prolonged period of time probably would also be included. On a broader level, the term corporal punishment is sometimes described as “the use of physical force with the intention of causing a child to experience pain, but not injury, for the purpose of correction or control of the child’s behavior”.

Parents who are in favor of these harsh methods, usually do so because they are simply following the strict example of their own caretakers. In most cases however, they are not fully aware of the consequences. The psuchological scars caused by emotional neglect often will remain unnoticed or are being trivialized. Humiliation and neglect during childhood has been linked to academic failure, low self-esteem, social isolation, underachievement, marital conflict, delinquency, discrimination, abuse, depression, learned helplessness, social disruption, torture, and even death.

20. kels says:

bull that didnt hurt him. wow overly rediculous

21. Aodaliya Ren says:

If this is discipline I’d hate to see what physical abuse would amount to.

22. R> says:

I hope her husband beats the shit out of her and then call it “education”.

23. hmmm says:

well… this happens all the time…~ there is no sense.! where I am now when a parent or someone is beating a kid no body mind…! don’t know why people behave this way. that’s china for you!

24. Chiize says:

what will happen next? would they all back to their lives or will the child be taken away?

25. green says:

How can I watch this video ???

26. T.O. says:

This video made me unhappy.
    If I was there, I would fight that woman and beat the crap out of her. (I’m a woman, too so it’s not as bad as a man hitting her.)
    Then I would take her child away and she would never see him again. I would raise him properly and show him love and care for him. He would never have to suffer again.

27. T.O. says:

it’s just too sad.

28. Josh says:

I was abused in this manner and worse when I was a child. Fuck chinese parenting and fuck my mother.

29. mK says: