The Diplomat essay competition – Is China’s growth sustainable?
Hoping to aspiring journalists and China watchers alike, ChinaHush introduces an essay competition hosted by our partner The Diplomat, a leading online magazine focusing on the Asia-Pacific. The top prize is a trip to Japan in November to help The Diplomat cover the APEC leaders summit, and the winning essay will be selected by a world-class judging panel that includes former Economist editor Bill Emmott and Asia Society Vice President Anthony Jackson. The winning essay will also be published on The Diplomat’s website as well as ChinaHush!
To be eligible to participate in The Diplomat 2010 Essay Competition, you must be:
- Aged between 18 and 25 years old on October 1, 2010.
- A citizen or permanent resident of any member country of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum.*
- Not affiliated with The Diplomat either directly or through a family member.
- Must be enrolled at an accredited university as of August 30, 2010.
* (Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, China, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Peru, The Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Chinese Taipei, Thailand, The United States, Viet Nam)
Fifteen years ago, APEC leaders meeting in Japan called for joint action ‘to ensure the region’s economic prosperity is sustainable.’ But is it realistic to believe that APEC’s largest member, China, can grow rapidly and sustainably?
- First Prize: Round trip ticket to Tokyo, five days hotel accommodation and daily stipend during this year’s APEC ministers and economic leaders’ summit in Yokohama (Nov. 10 – 14, 2010). The winner will have the opportunity to cover the event with The Diplomat, meet with officials at the conference, conduct interviews and attend press conferences. The winning essay will also be published on The Diplomat’s website.
- Second Prize: US$1500 Apple gift card
- Third Prize: US$500 Amazon voucher
For details of the essay competition and how to enter please visit: