Shanzhai Lamborghini by a post-80s Chinese

| April 27th, 2010

Lamborghini, how many men will kill for its high power output and sleek and exotic designs? However, it also carries a killing price tag. When most people day dreaming about riding one, some diehards dive into their basement or garage to Shanzhai one. (shanzhai: 山寨,copying, knockoff)

Two years ago, Ken Imhoff rocked the motoring press by building his own Lamborghini Countach in his basement over the course of 17 years. Here in China, a 25-year-old truck driver from Hunan Province named Chan Jinmiao makes himself one "Lamborghini"with equal enthusiasm for the model but much less investment — 1 year and about 20,000 Yuan. The quality, imaginably, is proportionate to its investment, it can only manage 80-90 km/h according to Chan. Nevertheless, love and enthusiasm traverse boarders and cultures, take a look at the less professional Chinese Shanzhai version of Lamborghini.

Photos from rednet:

1. Schamotnik says:

Gotta admire the effort, but that’s one ugly car…

2. b-real says:

That’s a very ugly car, but a C+ for the venture.

3. Tai-Pan says:

I’ll bet he had more fun building it than the er… “fun” you could have driving around a real Lamborghini! ha ha

4. JX says:

that is so funny and awesome i bet he can impress girls just the same 😉

He’s already been hired to design the new QQ car.

6. White Monkey says:

I would pimp that ride..

7. John says:

Ugly car, and yellow is a chicken shit color. But props for trying.

8. You guys are just hating for what he did. From what I can see, this guy has some serious skills – and give him some tools like a brake press and a dye stamp – and this guy could carve a niche in the “kit car” business.

Think about it – it is guys like this that drive a country to high levels of technology.

9. Waltermax says:

Impressive, especially he’s only 25yo. I bet if the Korean Guy is in his bottom position, he’d spend the $3000USD on some soju liquor rather than creating a car from scratch. I know I would spend the dough on a pound of dank MJ instead of building this lambo. Can’t stop anyone from trying and bring creative!! P.S. It looks hella a lot better than the Japanese Mitsuoka Orochi car which cost $60k, please google this car if you haven’t heard about it yet.