The “Audi and college girls” experiment

| April 1st, 2010

From HSW:

Apparently girls in China love guys who own an Audi.  I have heard this theory or rumor or reputation. Whatever you want to call it, Audi, among other luxury brands for some reason became such a popular status symbol of luxury in China.  Most impotently in the eyes of the Chinese girls. The following story is really about the talks of university girls would strike up a conversation with men that drive a luxury car, in order to find a rich man.  First, one netizen posted the following post…

20100401-audi-04

A while back I read on the forum someone said if you park a nice car in front of a University, guarantee there will be girls coming up to talk to you… I did not believe it at the time.

Yesterday my opportunity has arrived, I borrowed an Audi A6L from my friend and experimented for myself… of course the car was not mine, it was also not my friends. He could not afford to buy one.

Xian has so many universities, where should I go first?

First stop Cuihua road, Caijing University, first parked the car on the side, then got out of the car, leaned against the car and started smoking, I know it looks tacky, but I have no other choice, I am doing an investigation, must sacrifice my image.

Waited for about half an hour, no one came to talk to me, at the most was looking at me from far away… Caijing University acting noble and virtuous, everyone was so passive. But I believe everything is achievable with a little trick… Maybe people think I was a tourist going to Dayianta… Not going to be discouraged, let’s continue.

Second stop, Changan highway, recently there has been subway constructions and many people were there. The MM from Music College, one is prettier than the other. I did not get out of the car this time, just half opened my door and waiting. After six or seven minutes, a fashionable girl walked down from the platform bridge, long drifty hair, wearing a tight T-shirt with a multi-folded skirt. Yes, confirmed she was a pretty girl. Too bad, she only looked at me for a moment, as if waiting for me to make the first move. Ha, when thinking about I was investigating, I decided not to make the move. I waited in front of the music collage for over ten minutes , there were three, four girls coming up to me, some wanted to get a ride, some wanted to go somewhere for fun, some said to go to a bar. And one of them carried a huge music instrument case, waved at me, panting and said she was too tired, asking me to give her a ride home. Although I really wanted to take her…

Third stop, Foreign Language University, Parked the car for less than 10 minutes, a decent looking female university student, looked around 20 years old came up to me. The cigarette was still hanging out of my mouth, that girl came up and said “hey, Handsome young man (帅哥: [shuàigē] A form of address for a handsome and unrestrained young man) can I get a ride in your car? I have a couple of friends want to go to Xigaoxin, we could not get a bus…” I thought about it but left it; got her number and made up a reason to brush her off. I parked in front of the Foreign language University for 50 minutes, there were 7 MM came up to me, I talked so much and it made me so thirsty, I drank 3 bottle of jasmine tea. Didn’t think making up stories was so hard. But there are so many pretty girls here, however I was not going to stay here for long, going to our next stop…

Fourth stop, Law School, I was just passing through to test my luck, but it looked like there were very few MM here, and also their stomach is bigger than their chest. So forget it, I moved on!

Fifth stop, Art School, still using the old tactic, after half an hour 4 MM came, all looked good, but not as good as the girls from the Foreign Language University.

Last stop, Xian Peihua University: 8:30 pm in front of the school, I was sitting in the car playing music softly and half opened my door. Kept looking at my watch, 15 minutes has passed, 5 more minutes and I am leaving. 8 40 pm, I saw a girl with a nice body walking towards the car, I realized that I was not going to leave.

The girl got close to the car, lowered her head and looked at me. She asked me if I was free. I asked her why. The girl answered, “my friends asked me to go to Qinglonghu foot massage, can you take me there?” I thought Qinglonghu is a few steps away, she must have other motives. I told her to come in. She sat down and looked at me carefully, said “you are a Shuàigē ” I was thinking, is every young man handsome to all of these school girls? I said let’s go. The car started and turned around going towards a cheap hotel in Shajing village. The girl looked around in the car and said, “Audi actually is very pretty, especially a new one like this. But you are still so young and already drive an audi A6L, where is Shuaige getting rich at?” I thought, fuck, driving this car really give you “face”. I was not going to tell her I borrowed it from my friend. I smiled and never answered her questions.

I am not going to talk about what happened later…

***

A reporter also did an investigation driving an Audi, but he said “college girls going up and asking for rides” is just a myth. The following is his experience.

20100401-audi-01

Reporter and his Audi

20100401-audi-02

March 29 evening 8: 30 pm, reporter drove a brand new Audi A6L, and another van was following him from far away, there were a couple of camera men in the van. Reporter drove the Audi to Xian x college, the young reporter imitated the young man in the post, smoking a cigarette, putting his hands in the pocket, leaning against the car, and half open the car door, waiting for girls to come to talk to him. Time passed by, but on college girl walked to him, he was restless.

After half an hour, reporter saw a tall, fashionable college girl carrying a bag walked towards him. At this moment the reporter’s heart was beating faster. Finally, the girl tilted her head and looked at him but never stopped and walked away. He started to wait again impatiently, but the college girl targets never appeared. Finally, 3 student girls passed by, reporter sensed it was  obvious that they were looking at him, however they never came up to him to talk to him.

9:30 pm, after one hour, reporter drove the car to another school. There were many college girls walking in and out, but most of them were couples. He waited one more hour but no girl ever showed up to talk to him. Until 10:30 at night, all students went back to their dorms, no college girl tried to strike up a conversation with him like what the legends said.

A Publishing company owner Mr. Liu told the reporter that he has experienced “college girls knocking on his car windows”. Over 30, Mr. Liu has a business in Xian. On March 27, 7-8 pm, he drove a Subaru jeep to Nanjiao, parked in front of Xian Peihua University, his friend and him were in the car talking business. Suddenly, a fashionable college student came and knocked on his car window, Mr. Liu opened the window, the girl said “Shuaige, can you give me a ride” Mr. Liu said he was busy. After that, Mr. Liu signed: University is for higher education, Parents send them to university to study, not to “Baijin” (拜金: [bàijīn] To have an obsessive love for money).

***

Then on this site, more netizens also tried the experiment and posted their experiences.

busyfish:

Recently the discussions on the internet talk about University has a lot of girls who “have an obsession for money”. I though Nanning people are very simple, should not have these kinds of things happening here. However after discussed with friends and thought it was interesting to try, we had nothing to do anyways. We went to XX University early in the morning, opened up our convertible, and started playing our PSP. Just when I turned it on, there was a MM, “classmate! Our student organization has an emergency, can you drive me there…”

非伊徳:

After I saw the post, I was excited, immediately drove my Audi A6 and went to the university that rumored with most pretty girls. I parked my car at a noticeable place, indeed saw may beautiful girls, but they all seem to be in a hurry, as if never saw my car. I was too scared to go up and talk to them, so after three hours of waiting I lost my patients and left.

蕾丝公子:

Today I am very handsome, especially handsome, spent 2 hours in front of the mirror and many times almost fascinated myself. Then I went to X university in Guangxi, saw a white BMW parked in the front, looked like he was waiting for someone. I went up to talk to the owner “I am investigating something, can I borrow your car, just to lean on it.” The owner didn’t care. After just a few minutes, indeed a girl student came to talk to me “Hey, Shuaige. Can I ride in your car?” this kind of words. I said ok hold on, I go get the car. The girl was puzzled, when I pushed my moped over, the girl glared at me, turned around and left.

轶日:

When I read about people using Audi A6 to try college girls, today I also drove my Dayang 125 and gave a try. Many girls walked over, and asked: how much to go to the shopping mall?

1. Gary says:

The L version of the A6 is only available in China. I got to ride in one a few times and I must say it is quite luxurious. I don’t think if I were a female I’d hop in one with a stranger so glibly, though.
    What is “Shuaige”? Is it the same as a trust fund brat?

2. Eason says:

Shuai Ge = handsome brother

3. Crystal says:

Not such a good story for 1st April

Are you telling me that young girls like guys with nice cars and money?? That’s like brand new information.

Anyway irony aside. There are 4 possible scenarios: 1. You get stuck with a gold digger. 2. She’ll eventually leave you for someone richer and more generous. 3. If she is the type that can’t live without riches what will happen if you lose your money some day? 4. She’ll fall madly in love with you and realize that LV bags, Audis and tonnes of cash don’t necesarily mean happiness.

Btw way to go with journalistic integrity sleeping with the girls while making your story. Creep.

• b-real says:

100% correct. I have met all those scenarios minus losing all my money. I just became very stingy when I realize I can measure the Chinese woman’s emotion with the amount of money I spend just on her. For instance, Shopping, dinner, cold hard cash. We got shopping let say a clothes, T-shirt, pants, and some under wear. For me its the amount of clothes you can buy for a set amount money you are willing to spend. When she realizes that she doesn’t want clothes but a new mobile phone, she begins to kiss my ass. I use reasoning and say you can’t wear the clothes you have been wearing for the past week, ( yes she could). So I spend all my money allotted for clothes and food on a mobile phone.

Its time to eat and a trip to the bank re-ignites the temporary happiness the bitch received from purchasing the Mobile Phone. I asked “what would you like to eat?” the answer perturbed me. ” I don’t think I wanna eat” she says pouting like a child. So I think to myself how does she go with out eating all day?

So we head home and I’m ready to plug the bitch with some tube steak. Just before the car get settled in her garage what does she say? ” Ni gei wo duo sha qian?” immediately my German sausage loses its girth. So I barter with now knowing she is only good for trading. I said this phone is worth more than I would pay for professional dance lessons. Take this phone and let me put the train in your tunnel until tomorrow where I never see you again, or I give you nothing and you can leave now. She says, just give me money and I can have her for the whole week. Needless to say I stiffed her for the first night, and paid for it when I married another.

• most girls want a shortcut in life, why work a whole month and make a lousy 1200 rmb ? when b-real hands it out like candy

• b-real says:

exactly, which is why you shouldn’t hand it out. You gotta tease them or you never get no ass. You think you not paying wait a little or get married, then we talk serious dividends.

• Schamotnik says:

People usually get what they deserve.. it’s called karma

• b-real says:

Only Karma when you believe it is. Women know what they want, women know what men want, women know or believe to know what it will take to get what they want with out sacrificing the bit of energy to get it.(not having a job). Chinese women have a price tag whether its posted or not. For those of you who roll around in expensive cars pretty much paints a target same as being foreign.

I miss my attention whoring sluts.

• AlleyCat says:

You seem to know a lot about women, yet you seem to know little of your karma. Again you seem to be misinformed: unlike ‘faith’ which is promoted in many other religions, the concept of karma does not require any believe or faith. In only adapts to its owner, like body odor. Obviously, your bullshit will be easily detected by any cheap slut. Your odor will attract them like a pile of shit attracts flies. You simply can’t help it. I guess it’s just your personal charm.

• Schamotnik says:

I’m not religious, but I do believe in some sort of karma. If you treat people nicely, then most people will treat you nicely (note the word most). If you define yourself through your car and your possessions than you will probably end with someone who sees you as just that. If that’s ok with you, than that’s alright.

• Griffin says:

Poor guy. I neednt pay a single cent to any girl. Maybe they just see you as a sucker and ATM.

• fireworks says:

spot on. some girls are materialistic anyway. not really new information.

• aer says:

sarcasm =/= irony.
      the man from the first story is not a journalist. the journalist was the one testing the story.
      reading comprehension fail.

5. John says:

LOL. Dude I believe you meant “importantly” as opposed to “impotently”

“impotently” has an entirely different implication, especially in light of the context of this article.

By the way, any woman who would date a man based on the model of car she has is a shallow skank and should be avoided like the plague.

6. i believe girls will fall for guys with nice cars but not as a stranger…..if you were their classmate and they got to know that you have an audi, they may want to study more with you after school or go out for coffee,

how do i know allthis……….

because i roll hard in my audi…..one thing i like about audis are their quattro 4 wheel drive, it feels like you are riding on rails with the car so connected to the pavement especially turning sharp corners

on a serious note,

7. Eason says:

Posts about cars seem to bring all the douchebags out of the woodwork eh.

8. Schamotnik says:

‘is’

9. b-real says:

Gee, I never heard that before. I guess it take a materialistic man to attract the women, who in return are more materialistic than the man. Then I would have to agree. If it were up to men we would all live in boxes, but women don’t wanna fuck in no box. We buy nice cars because we know they like nice cars. In china we buy house to seal the deal in marriage, in the states man buys house to attract potential deal to seal.

10. dongshizhang says:

why wait around for the kind of girls who like you cause of your car.

just go to ktv…

11. fireworks says:

LOL, its not easy getting laid with an Audi. Might try some other euro marque aye…

12. College Girl says:

I’ve seen this before and I’m amazed at how shallow the hot girls are!

13. Griffin says:

Are you telling me that these men are ‘journalists’ and the ‘best’ ideas for stories they can come up with in ‘China’ are stories about how shallow and superficial Chinese girls can be?
    Seriously? That is considered fucking NEWS?

What a absolute waste of time and energy.

How about coming clean with your fucking motives for doing this ‘investigation’ you sleazy, manipulative assholes!

You wanted to be noticed because without an expensive car you are just another pathetic and insiginificant Chinese man who would not have a hope in hell of attracting a beautiful, smart (albiet materialistic and promiscuous) young woman.

You used the ‘story’ as a twofold plan for getting paid to not do any real actual work..

..because let’s face it, your only real agenda here was your hopeful prospect of tricking these women into noticing you by standing around outside of a University in front of an expensive car that you could never yourself afford to own.

You admit you wanted to take these girls to a hotel to have sex with them, and you eluded to that fact that you succeeded to do so.

So how are you feeling now?

Under entirely false pretenses a girl thought you were a handsome boy and slept with you.

Under ordinary, honest circumstances that very same girl would never have given you the time of day.

How exactly does doing this give you ‘face’?

I can only draw the conclusion that you are so selfconcious about yourself, so low on self-esteem, so terrible when it comes to meeting women by just being yourself, so unattractive, so talentless, so unskilled as a lover, as a journalist, so trite and clichéd, and as a human being so pathetic and worthless that the only ‘face’ you can muster up is a mask.

14. Waltermax says:

Pimp daddy!!! I envy you!!!

15. Wukong says:

Haha, this is very disappointing. You cannot always blame the girls though. Their mothers tell them to marry a rich man, marry a man with a good job. Nobody ever tells them to find happiness, only find money.

I always tell my students: “If you want to marry for money, prepare to be very unhappy in 20 years”

16. Shaun says:

Griffin, you are speaking rubbish. “Just be yourself”, give me an f..king break! You can be the best looking guy in the world, have the biggest d..k, be kind, loving and generous, that all counts for nothing if you don’t have money in China. I have just met a good woman ( I hope ) through a matchmaker here in China, after three years of golddiggers and dishonest women.

I am a foreign teacher in China ( I am not poor, I have asests in my own country ) but Chinese girls turn their nose up at me even though I am a 40 year old fit, kind, healthy and handsome former model and carpenter. “No Phillipines, no blacks, no foreign teachers” that is the attitude of Chinese women. I am a “loser” here in their eyes.

As for Shanghai or Beijing girls, if you are a poor foreigner they will just tell you to F off!

If some student golddigger is tricked and ends up being f..ked in a hotel then I have no sympathy for her. She is the one who is stupid enough to want a guy who has an Audi.

• goldenboy89 says:

agree with you

griffin check up the facts the man didn’t kidnap the girl,
      they follow him by their own decision.

most of the chinese girl itself thinks their couple has to has house/car,saving,
      some even said if they want to have kids they need 5rmb first.

you reap what you sow.

17. Charley says:

Wow, what a story. I wonder what the girls would’ve done with a Cadillac

18. tinkerlot says:

hahaha! the last part was very funny. Did anyone get it?

The girl mistook his car for a taxi. Heheh

19. Cleo says:

Jesus Christ! Is this fake news to trick yakuza into purchasing Audis so they can kidnap otherwise unapproachable girls and sell them to white slavery rings?

20. smith says:

asians are fucking materialistic..

21. Joey says:

Audi has a good marketing department

22. cindy says:

stupid article. Non asian gold diggers are ten times worst. They let you pick them up at the bars and tons of one night stand.

23. bethyself says:

that ‘reporter’, the 2nd story, he must be pretty ugly. like even if you have a nice car… if you don’t look good, no girls gonna come and speak to you. so… tough luck

24. Pennington says:

I have an Audi A4 cabrio, and I can confirm that it has indeed been instrumental in facilitating the removal of the under garments of more than one pretty Chinese student. And that’s in England!